1. You must be logged in to view threads.

Become a Warden of Ravenheart!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Crowborn, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Crowborn

Crowborn Architect

Hello everyone, and well met!

We are looking for people with the desire and integrity to become a Warden of Ravenheart! As our community grows, its’ demands do as well, and to properly serve our members, we need to delegate responsibilities, and to get more people involved in the leadership. That’s where you come in!

As a Warden, you will have a direct hand in leading and shaping Ravenheart. You will have the power to make changes the affect the entire community, and the responsibility to actively manage certain areas of importance. You are expected to be active, positive, dependable, to take charge, and first and foremost to be an inspiration to our other members.

If you are interested in becoming a Warden, and joining the leadership, leave an application below, or PM @Crowborn on this forum, or on our Discord-server.

Currently, we are looking for Wardens to manage the following areas:
    • Invitations (inviting new members, and making sure they are taken care of)
    • Creating events for the community
    • Leading game-specific teams (League of Legends, Overwatch, etc.)
    • Bots (creation, adaptation, and running bots on our Discord-server)
    • Our forum (create interesting posts, making the forum more attractive)
    • Tabletop-gaming (running events, learning/teaching new games)
    • Moderation (moderating messages/posts on our Discord-server and on our forum)

Feel free to leave a comment.

2. Michi

Michi Warden Cat Overlord

Hi @Crowborn , and everyone else.

I’m writing here because I ‘m interested in being a Warden. I have been thinking this a while now and do believe that I have some things I can give to our community and this is the perfect opportunity for me to do so. I want to help to make this place better and more fun for us and all the newcomers that are yet to come.

I agree with Michael, we need more than just few people to make this place even greater than it is, it’s no job for only one or two people.

What can I do, why me? I’m active and full of passion and love for Ravenheart. This place, you guys, have helped me in many ways and I want to share that with as many people as I can. This means that we need something fun to do, more than we already have. Like karaoke (I think I finally figured out how to do it, will post about it to the Karaoke thread), movie nights, new and old games to play and new things of all sorts: I’d like to suggest events of some kind. I have a lot of ideas that are just waiting for someone to make them happen. To answer the question “why me”, I’d like to think that everyone here knows me and trusts me at some level. I’m not just some random passer-by, I’m here to stay.

What would I like to do then if I’d get to be a Warden? That’s a hard question to answer. Tabletop is close to my heart but I think that I shouldn’t be the one responsible of it, at least all of it, because of my stupid work shifts. I can be one of the persons making them happen, I’d love to, but can’t do that alone, not yet at least. I think the most suitable for me now would be moderating overall, messages and posts on discord and forum, because I tend to read pretty much everything anyway, as I have said to a lot of people: I’m here, always. The other thing I’d like to do is creating events. As I said I have a lot of ideas, but even so I think that’s too much work for one person. But if someone else is interested in them too and would like to do it together with me, I’d love that.

With this I hope that I’m considered to be one of the Wardens and that I can be a great one!
    Thank you

- Michi

Crowborn likes this.
  3. Crowborn

Crowborn Architect

Moderation of messages is something every Warden is able to do. That it's not your specific job to moderate messages doesn't prevent you from doing so, it just not your primary obligation to do so.

I like your application. You seem to have covered much of what I want to know about an applicant, but as will be the case for every application, I will take time to consider it, and can't give you a definite answer until then.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Michi likes this.